Friday, June 11, 2010

Well that´s the Pryenees for ya

Holy Bajeezus.

We´ve made it to Roncesvalles. We are staying at the municipal albergue. It is 1 giante room with 120 bunk beds. ...yeah.... Not exactly thrilled with the set up but hey it´ll all work out.

We took a taxi to about half-way up the mountian and walked to Roncesvalles, we walked 11km, don´t ask me how many miles that is, I don´t have my converter with me. Also the trek up the mountain sucked, but the trek down was worse. Oh my dios. My knees we literally shaking from overuse.

Tomorrow we might make it to Larrasoaña, or we might only go to Zubiri, we´re gonna play it by ear.

I´ll post more later, right now we´re going to go to dinner and maybe the pilrim´s mass.

Later
Buen Camino
Carrie

PS. Mom I love you! Trevor or Ann, give Meredith a kiss for me!

1 comment:

  1. now i get confused over all the little places along the way, how far have you gone so far?

    ReplyDelete