Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Holding Pattern

The journey IS the destination - some random thoughtful (probably) dead person

So now that we've taken all of these steps, there is a slight feeling of let-down. The only thing left to do, is wait. Sure I'm still going to the Y, I'm still working out, but I feel like that's the only thing I can do.

I've done all the research that I need (and then some), We've purchased our plane tickets, we've gotten gear, now it's just wait time. Sure we do have a couple of decisions left to make (which train to take out of Paris, how to get to Madrid [flying is only 10$ more than taking the train]) But otherwise there is nothing left for me to do, just wait.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still super excited out going, I just wish it was here already! Not 82 days from now.

I found this fantastic website, that has pictures from every stage of the camino, from St Jean Pied de Port, to Santiago de Compostela. Which has both increased and decreased this hate of waiting. Decreased, because it kind of satisfied my camino hunger, and increased because it made me want more, to actually BE where these pictures were taken (though with out the snow please, thanks) Check it out.

But this site did give me an idea. In addition to this blog, I'd like to post some pictures from the road, so that you (the readers) will be able to see what we've seen, and you'll have photographic evidence that we are in fact still alive. When I get that set-up, I'll let you know.

And one last thing before I go, Martin Sheen and Emilio Estevez are making a movie about the camino, I don't know when or where they are filming, but I might get to meet the mighty duck man, and when I do, I'll yell to him from across the plaza EMILIO! EMILIO!

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to disappoint, but the filming is complete. Watch for the film in a theater near you ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. sigh. i know.
    i vote for train. how often does one get to take a train for anything? and you are flying over there.... so you cover flying in this trip... and i want to hear about a train ride (so would brody!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're taking the train from Paris almost to St Jean (where we start) the train from Compostela is 7 1/2 hours, the flight is 58 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After I posted the blog I did a little research, and found out that the filming was already done. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you carrying a netbook,a smartphone or some other device to blog from? Or are you going to use internet cafes?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm planning on using internet cafes and the like. I know it's probably not an ideal set-up for posting pictures, and if it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. But I do hope to be able to blog from the camino at least. I see tons of other people posting messages live from the camino, so I should be able to.

    ReplyDelete