Saturday, February 13, 2010

In training

Well as we all know, most humans are not ready to get up tomorrow and start a 500 mile walk, myself being the prime example of that. Obviously training is a major part of prepping for El Camino, and possibly the second most important thing you do, the first is of course breaking in your boots.

For MY preparations ( I can't speak to Sarah's prep, though I know she is much further along than I am) I joined the local YMCA. I have been biking to build the strength in my legs. Because I always need a goal, I decided to bike the distance of La Vuelta de Espana (the tour de France, but in Spain)

Last year's Vuelta was 2074 miles. So far as of this writing, I have biked a total of 92.6 miles. I've gradually been switching from the "fat burning" pre-set on the bike to the "strength" pre-set. My goal is to be done with "La Vuelta" before I start El Camino, but I'm thinking that's not going to happen, unless I quit my job so I have more free time at night. :)

Wish me luck
God bless and Buen Camino

1 comment: